Monday, January 19, 2009

Surfs Up!

Miss Chooken showing her style.

We spent a glorious afternoon at Goolwa beach on the weekend. It was simply fantastic to get out of the house and have some time as a family. Both our girls enjoy the beach and it was too nice a day to waste!





Miss Sunshine loves the water.



Hubby and the girls jumping waves.


I got to try out my new wet-suit (Christmas pressie from hubby) and had lots of fun doing some boogie-boarding. I caught some great rides right into shore and on one ride I was really having an epic (lol) moment, when I looked up to see no-one on shore had seen my skills (ha!) at catching such a great wave. Oh well, hubby reassured me that often our best work goes unnoticed - can anyone relate to that? It was actually quite hard work trying to get past the little breakers and the sets were coming very tight and fast. I will definitely be doing more though - it is a refreshing way to exercise and my legs feel like that have done a session on a StairMaster ;).


How is your summer (or winter!) going?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with the family. All i can say is enjoy the moments,keep surfing and again , great photos - Ma Ma

Romana said...

We had a great weekend and we all enjoyed it :)

Lauren said...

Looks like so much fun!! Great quality family time :)

Millie said...

What a lovely family day Romana! Your 2 little ones look like they are enjoying being water babes! Goolwa is just the best - I'm envious.
Millie ^_^

Romana said...

Millie - Goolwa is lovely isn't it? I am hoping to spend a day down there actually getting a chance to do some shopping and lunching too this summer.